Anna Mudeka Band to bring fusion music driven by Zimbabwean mbira to their ‘very favourite’ venue - Old Hall in East Bergholt
- Credit: Archant
A six piece band playing a fusion of music driven by the Zimbabwean mbira will be performing in Suffolk tonight (Saturday).
The Anna Mudeka Band, which is touring to celebrate the recent release of its album Dendende, is set for a show at its “very favourite” venue of Old Hall in East Bergholt.
Supported by Creative Arts East and Arts Alive, the concert brings the band’s rich mix of global melodies and rhythms, with songs in Swahili, Hindi and Shona.
Mudeka, who came to Norfolk from Zimbabwe in 1994, has previously performed at Latitude Festival, Drum Camp, and Womad.
In 2013, she won the Most Influential Woman in Business and Government in Africa award.
You may also want to watch:
For more info about the event, which starts at 7.30pm on Saturday, call 07990 802776.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village