Artist Ruth Finn brings ‘Transition’ to Ephemeral Gallery in Saxmundham
An artist with a background in theatre and costume design is exhibiting her latest work at an east Suffolk gallery.
Ruth Finn, who gave up her career to find the time to paint, said most of her work was based on something real – architecture or landscape – which then become abstract.
“I do my best painting when I listen to and follow my intuition and rather than let my mind decide an outcome,” she added.
Ms Finn, who trained in theatre design and realisation at Croydon College, said theatre had always exited her “as a vehcile that can combine all art forms in one space”, however she had decided to find part time work to focus on painting.
Her exhibition, Transition, opened at the Ephemeral Gallery in Saxmundham last Saturday and continues throughout the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The gallery in High Street, run by artist Ruth Purchase, is open from 10am to 4.30pm.
Visit www.ruthjoypurchase-gallery.co.uk for information.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 6 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 7 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 8 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 9 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 10 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds