Barrow: X Factor winner Matt Cardle to headline Homegrown Festival on August 22
- Credit: Archant
One of country’s biggest X Factor success stories, Matt Cardle, has been confirmed as the headline act at a west Suffolk music festival this summer.
Cardle, whose family is from Halstead in Essex, will star at the second annual Homegrown Music Festival in Barrow near Bury St Edmunds, which runs from August 22 to 24.
The 2010 talent show winner, who has recently been on tour to promote his latest album, Porcelain, will top the bill on the Saturday night.
Festival organiser Glen Moulds started the event in 2013 to showcase local artists at a smaller scale festival.
He said: “My eldest daughter came back from Glastonbury and told me all about the festival experience, good and bad, and suggested we could do it better – so last year we did.
“Along with Matt there is loads of other top local talent on show – it is going to be a weekend to remember.”
Around 1,500 music fans turned out for the inaugural Homegrown festival and this year, around 3,000 are expected to attend.
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 7 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
The weekend will feature more than 80 bands and will kick off with an evening set on August 22 featuring Twisted Piglet, Dingus Khan and Nik Lowe.
At Saturday’s all-dayer, alongside Cardle fans can see Benjamin Bloom, Goldstar and Box of Light.
Proceeds from the festival will help support this year’s chosen charity, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
For ticket information go to www.homegrownfest.co.uk