Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
This weekend visitors to Felixstowe are being encouraged to celebrate the arrival of a quirky shopping and foodie destination by the beach.
Businesses at Beach Street Felixstowe are hoping for a busy summer, as 2021 becomes the year of the staycation on the Suffolk coast.
Beach Street, which is created solely from shipping containers from the Port of Felixstowe, is thought to be the first seaside 'container complex' attraction in the UK.
Co-owner Charlie Manning said: "Beach Street complements the more traditional tourist spots in our lovely seaside town.
"Being mainly outdoors and just across the road from the beach, it is also an ideal place if people want to ease themselves back into socialising and mingling after lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
Those looking for a bite to eat at the official launch this Saturday can choose from 'dirty' vegan food, New York style pizza and macaroni cheese.
Find out more about Beach Street Felixstowe's official launch and fun day on their Facebook page.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 7 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 8 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank