Bury St Edmunds: Call goes out to budding young artists
- Credit: Archant
The Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds has launched a poster competition to celebrate this year’s pantomime, Cinderella, with a host of prizes up for grabs for the winner.
Youngsters in three age groups – under eight, eight to 12 and 13 plus – are invited to create their own poster based on Cinderella and let their imaginations run riot with pens, pencils, crayons, paints, tissue paper, glitter or anything else to make an eye-catching picture.
The winning poster, chosen from the three age groups by the panto cast, will go on display at the theatre, feature in the programme and be seen by more than 20,000 people.
The winner’s prize includes a family ticket to the show, a programme signed by the cast, a photograph taken with the cast and a professionally printed version of the winning poster, provided by sponsors Premier Printers.
Two runners-up will also have their entries displayed in the theatre during the run of Cinderella.
You may also want to watch:
All entries should include the artist’s name, age and contact number and be on A4 paper or card.
The closing date for entries is Monday, November 3 and they should be sent to Pantomime Poster Competition, Theatre Royal, Westgate Street, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QR, or taken to the theatre box office.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash