Bury St Edmunds: Robin Gibb steps out of Abbeyfest
A STAR of the popular group The Bee Gees will now not appear at a three-day music event in west Suffolk.
Robin Gibb, one of the three Gibbs brothers in the best-selling band, was due to perform with superstar Lulu at Abbeyfest in Bury St Edmunds on Friday, July 22.
In a statement released today, organizers said: “It is with deep regret that, due to logistical reasons, Robin Gibb will now not be appearing as Lulu’s special guest at Abbey Fest as previously announced.”
Mr Gibb was due to appear as part of a popular line up, including artists such as Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings, Shakin’ Stevens and Rick Wakeman, at the festival in Bury’s Abbey Gardens from Friday, July 22 to Sunday, July 24.
A spokesman for Mr Gibb said: “Robin has no plans at present to perform in the UK and wishes the festival every success.”
You may also want to watch:
Lulu will now appear with special guests alongside supporting acts Twisted Piglet, The Reason 4, Farming Babes and Tributes.
For full details, visit www.abbeygardensfestival.co.uk
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?