Bury St Edmunds: Strong comic feel to autumn season at Theatre Royal
AUDIENCES got a taste of the delights in store at the launch of the Theatre Royal’s autumn season.
From top comics to Shakespeare by the Globe on Tour, bosses at the restored Georgian playhouse in Bury St Edmunds are confident the new programme launched yesterday will offer something for everyone.
Chris Grady, a spokesman for the theatre, said: “We are very excited by the quality of the work which we have got coming into the theatre.
“It is going to be a really exciting season.
“We have got a very rich and varied programme which, hopefully, will appeal to everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Comedians Ed Byrne and Arthur Smith are expected to draw the crowds to brighten the dreary days of autumn as they take the stage in September.
Fascinating Aida will also tickle the funny bones as they stop off in Bury with their The Cheap Flights Tour on Wednesday, September 28.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
The thrilling tale of the most notorious highwayman of all will also bring some sparkle to the long, dark evenings in the latest Theatre Royal Company’s production of Dick Turpin’s Last Ride running from September 15 to 24 then November 1 to 5.
The show, which is only suitable for children over 10 years old, will attempt to uncover the truth behind the enduring myth as it follows Turpin’s ride from London to York on his beloved Black Bess.
A small troupe of travelling players from the Globe on Tour company will bring Shakespeare’s well-loved comedy As You Like It to the playhouse from September 5 to 10.
Booking for the autumn season opens on June 28. Tickets are available at www.theatreroyal.org or from the box office on 01284 769505.