Chart-toppers to play forest gig
SCOUTING For Girls are playing Thetford Forest this summer, it was revealed today.
Their July 8 gig is the sixth and final concert announced as part of the Forestry Commission’s Live Music programme.
Fronted by showman Roy Stride, the band’s self-titled number one debut album spawned a series of infectious hits including She’s So Lovely, Heartbeat, It’s Not About You and Elvis Ain’t Dead - all of which became regular fixtures on radio playlists across the country.
Scouting For Girls recently hit the top of the singles chart with This Ain’t A Love Song from their latest album, entitled Everybody Wants To Be On TV.
Forestry Commission Live Music aims to introduce music fans to a woodland environment, with many coming back to enjoy the outdoors.
You may also want to watch:
Other Thetford Forest acts already announced include Keane on June 10, Simply Red on June 11, Doves on June 12, The Saturdays on July 9 and Katie Melua on July 10.
Tickets for the Scouting For Girls gig go on sale at 9am this Thursday. See www.forestry.gov.uk/music for more details.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 5 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 10 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach