Church in Sudbury to be the venue for a Cold War thriller
- Credit: Archant
St Peter’s Church, in Sudbury, is the venue for a Cold War thriller centred round the top secret research centre at Orford Ness on the Suffolk coast.
It is taking place on Wednesday, November 29, is entitled “Anglian Mist” and is being performed by
by a touring theatrical production.
Orford Ness was a research centre throughout the Cold War and the play seeks to unearth some of the mysteries that surround the region.
St Peter’s is one of 11 venues in East Anglia that will be hosting “Anglian Mist”, which has been developed in partnership with the National Trust and The Garage Norwich and supported by Arts Council England and Norfolk County Council.
You may also want to watch:
It is described “as tense and gripping as a stand-off off on a Berlin Bridge” and chairman of the Friends of St Peter’s, Peter Gray, said: “Following its sell-out run on Orford Ness, we are excited to welcome this intriguing and powerful production to Sudbury. It will be staged in the semi-round with raked seating.
“Indeed, light plays an important part in the show, as does sound, with a dynamic original soundtrack throughout.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
For more information and to buy tickets go to www.quaysudbury.com or call the Quay on 01787 374745.