Colchester: X Factor favourite Matt to play homecoming gig tonight
X FACTOR finalist Matt Cardle is set to take to the stage on home turf tonight as he plays a sell-out gig in Colchester.
The 27-year-old from Little Maplestead, near Halstead, will face boy band One Direction, soul singer Rebecca Ferguson and teenage star Cher Lloyd in this weekend’s final of the ITV show.
And dedicated fans queued through the night to make sure they are first in line to grab tickets for Matt’s homecoming performance at Charter Hall at Leisure World.
Tickets went on sale yesterday morning at 7am and sold out within two hours.
The singer-songwriting sensation, who has been a favourite from the start of the competition, will follow in the footsteps of last year’s runner-up Olly Murs, who returned to Colchester to play in front of fans before last year’s finale.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Tina Dopson, portfolio holder for communities said: “I am delighted that the X Factor have chosen to return to Charter Hall this year for Matt Cardle’s homecoming concert.
“It is a wonderful accolade for Colchester that Charter Hall has been recognised for the quality service it provides in hosting such a high profile event.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
“Last year the people of Colchester came out in tremendous support for Olly Murs and no doubt the same support and enthusiasm will be present for Matt Cardle.
“It is going to be a very exciting day for Colchester.”
- Check this site tonight for the first report and pictures from the gig.