Classic car day coming to airfield this weekend
- Credit: Gareth Pepperell
Marvel at classic cars and catch a glimpse of skydiving action at an event returning to an airfield this weekend.
The Bike & Car Meet is being hosted by the Skydive Diner at Beccles Airfield on Sunday, June 12, from 9am until 3pm.
It is only the third car and bike meet which has been held at the site.
But after the event's success last year, organiser and skydive cameraman for UK Parachuting, Gareth Pepperell, says he is expecting hundreds to turn up.
The 30-year-old, from Kessingland, said: "It will be a great day out for families and car-enthusiasts to share their passion.
"We are hoping the sun is out and we are interested to see how many people turn up. It would be nice to have a couple of hundred cars."
Families will also be able to enjoy a food offering provided by the diner, including burgers and chips as well as an on-site pizza van.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 9 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 10 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
There will also be ongoing skydives nearby with planes taking off and landing at the airfield.
The event, which is only accessed by the B1127 entrance, is £5 to enter.
Classic and modified cars, as well as motorbikes, are welcome and the event is dog-friendly.