Everything to expect at Clacton's 150th anniversary air show
The Red Arrows are still set to wow spectators later this week during a slimmed-down version of the Clacton Air Show.
The two-day Clacton 150 Anniversary Flight celebration is set to kick off on Thursday afternoon, August 26, with an F-15 flypast set to soar over the seafront from 2.30pm.
The US aircraft are only set to appear on the Thursday.
They will be followed by the Battle of Britain memorial Flight, including the iconic Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster aircraft shortly after.
The famous RAF Red Arrows will then follow suit, putting on a display over the seafront to bring Thursday to a close from 3.15pm onwards.
You may also want to watch:
Displays will be slightly earlier on the Friday, with only the Red Arrows and the memorial display set to take place from 12.45pm and 1.30pm respectively.
Unlike previous years, there will be no ground events or traders – with the best of the action set to be seen from the seafront.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 10 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE