DVD of the week: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
THE latest installment of Harry Potter is Richard Bryson’s pick of the DVDs this week.
DVD: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Warners, �17.99)
Let’s call it the calm before the storm. This is the last Potter book and fans know what’s coming so they will forgive this being slightly more character study than all-action blockbuster.
The plot centres on Daniel Ratcliffe’s Harry as he races against time and evil to destroy the Horcruxes.
On his journey (and they have broken free from Hogwarts, which is quite refreshing) he uncovers the existence of three most powerful objects in the wizarding world: the Deathly Hallows.
You may also want to watch:
I have to admit only a passing interest in the Harry Potter adventures but I quite like how this film allows Harry, Ron and Hermione time to flesh out their characters and their friendships seem genuine.
Get ready for the last helping, it will be a shocker, but in the meantime enjoy this release which comes with a generous amount of extras.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich