Exclusive: Alexandra Burke joins JLS for Chantry Park, Ipswich, gig
Pop sensation Alexandra Burke will join JLS for their Chantry Park gig this summer, it has been revealed.
The singer, who beat the boys to win X Factor in 2008, has three UK number ones and six top ten UK singles to her name.
Personally chosen by Beyonc� to open each of her shows for the European leg of her I Am... tour, Burke’s debut album, Overcome, topped the UK album charts in 2009 and her first concert tour last year, the All Night Long Tour, sold out.
She is known for hits like Hallelujah, which made her the European record holder for single sales over a period of 24 hours, selling 105,000 copies on the first day; Bad Boys, featuring Flo Rida; and Start Without You.
More recently, she released a collaboration with Erick Morillo, Elephant, which reached number three in the UK singles charts. Her still-to-be-named second studio album is out later this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Bringing together a mix of some of the biggest young talents on today’s UK music scene - JLS and Alexandra Burke – with more information to follow on up-and-coming starlet A*M*E joining the line-up means these concerts not only just got even bigger and better, but also provide an opportunity for fans to be able to say ‘I was there’,” says tour spokesman Dion Clements.
“And with chart-topping names to be announced, these concerts will provide unbeatable value for money and a great event to look forward to towards the end of the summer holidays.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
JLS will perform on August 26.
Tickets are available from the Ipswich Regent box office, by calling 01473 433100, www.ipswichregent.com; by visiting www.nationalboxoffice.co.uk or calling 0871 224 1112/1113.