Exclusive: Singer Katherine Jenkins announces Ipswich Regent concert
Katherine Jenkins is coming to Ipswich’s Regent theatre next year, we can exclusively reveal.
The Welsh mezzo-soprano is bringing her new Daydream show to town on January 12-13. It’s her first theatre tour in three years.
Jenkins was last in Ipswich in July, performing at The Last Night of the Proms at Christchurch Park.
The tour follows the release of her new album of the same name and draws together classical, traditional, folk and easy pop songs she loves and has been inspired by.
“I had an amazing time on my first arena tour but Daydream is a very intimate album and I wanted my tour to reflect that. It’s a chance for my fans to see me up close and personal in some of the UK’s most beautiful theatres,” said the multi-platinum selling singer.
You may also want to watch:
Daydream is out on October 10. Tracks include I Dreamed A Dream from Les Mis�rables, rarely performed in French; a new composition of Ave Maria and her tribute to service men and women through the ages, A Flower Tells A Story.
The tour will also see Jenkins perform some of her best-known songs from her last seven albums including tracks from her debut Premiere through to her best selling album Believe.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
Tickets for the tour go on sale from 9.30am, Friday, September 2.
Read my full interview with Katherine Jenkins at www.eadt.co.uk.