Fired Shibby laments lack of business experience
FIRED Apprentice candidate Dr Shibby Robati tonight admitted that his relative lack of business experience was his downfall as he left the show.
The 27-year-old surgeon was slammed by colleague Paloma Vivanco for making “rookie mistakes” and having “zero business experience’’, and was called “Dr Doolittle’’ by Lord Sugar.
Dr Robati got the chop after his team lost the baking task - making �194 less than their rivals.
But he paid compensation to a hotelier after his team failed to deliver a full order as promised, helping to secure their defeat.
Dr Robati admitted he had no experience at pitching, and that he was intimidated by female colleagues Vivanco and Laura Moore into overestimating what they could produce.
You may also want to watch:
When his team failed to provide the hotel with the full delivery before their breakfast service the next morning, he gave the hotel manager compensation, which he now admits was a mistake.
Robati said: “I got fired because I wasn’t as firm as I should have been managing the group.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“I gave compensation to the hotelier. In hindsight, what I should have done was just apologise and not offer the compensation.”
He added: “I do feel that my business acumen wasn’t as experienced as the others.
“You don’t get on to a show like this having no business experience. I set up two companies just over a year ago. You don’t do that with no business experience, so I’ve got to have something there.
“Of course I’m not as business savvy as the others, but I know how to make money. The end result is what’s on your bank statement.”