Luxury lodge retains four red stars and wins two AA rosettes
- Credit: Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa
A luxury lodge hotel and spa has retained its four-red star rating and won two AA rosettes following a recent inspection.
Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa in Newmarket was given the accolades for its "high-quality service and exceptional levels of hospitality" at the hotel.
While its Squires restaurant was awarded the two rosettes for "excellent standards of cuisine and the quality of its ingredients".
The building was originally built as a hunting lodge for the sixth Duke of Bedford in the 18th century and is located adjacent to Newmarket racecourse.
Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa CEO Noel Byrne, said: “We are thrilled to have been awarded two AA rosettes for the quality of the cuisine at Squires Restaurant.
"Provenance is of particular importance to us.
"Our new Executive Chef, Lee Cooper, shares our vision to serve delicious low-food-mile menus using ingredients sourced within a 50-mile radius, to hotel guests and local residents alike.”
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk