Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- Credit: Emily Scott/Su Anderson
Suffolk-based food blogger and breakfast expert Emily Scott has been cooking up a storm over the last six years, as her Instagram breakfast empire has grown to more than 190,000 followers.
Ms Scott said "If I eat out, it's about quality, because I love cooking and am always in the kitchen.
"We are so lucky in Suffolk to have so many good places to eat. I recommend the Red Lion in Chelmondiston.
"I discovered this back in 2018, I was with my family, on our way back from Pin Mill. We stopped, they had a table going and we received such a warm welcome from Mandy and her staff. We were also really impressed with the quality of food."
Ms Scott continued: "In town, I love Mizu, the noodle bar. I much prefer going there than to a big chain like wagamamas. It's perfect for a quick lunch, or if you are going to the theatre or the cinema. My favourite is the Mizu combo noodles!
"I find any kind of asian food is always better in a restaurant.
"For something sweet, I really like Applaud. They have loads of delicious bakes, and sweet treats, although I must admit it has probably been a year since I went with how busy I've been on my book and with the pandemic. When I'm there, I'll go for any kind of cake.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 10 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
"I've had a good roast dinner at the Cookhouse, at the Suffolk Food Hall, and another place we enjoyed was the White Horse at Sibton, which is on the way to Halesworth. I had a lovely braised pork belly before, which is on their Sunday menu which was fantastic."
However, in the future the food blogger is not content with just heading back to old reliables, and hopes to expand her restaurant range.
"I'd really like to visit the Freston boot. I've heard such good things about it and they are all about seasonal produce, which is very much my thing."