Oktoberfest coming to Suffolk pub next weekend
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Suffolk pub is looking forward to a barmy Bavarian weekend as it looks to host its own Oktoberfest celebration.
The Laxfield Low House will showcase German beers on Saturday, September 4 – with a host of craft offerings from Leiston's The Krafty Braumeister on tap.
The craft brewery is run by German Uli Schiefelbein, who moved to Suffolk in 2013, and includes traditional Düsseldorf-style altbier, Bavarian hefeweizen and Munich-style helles.
Celebrations will start from noon with a mini German "beerfest", including four of Uli's best-selling beers on draught.
An Oompah band will perform from 7pm, with traditional German food set to accompany Uli's beers.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the earlier event is free, while tickets for the evening's Oktoberfest celebrations are priced at £12.50 – including bratwurst and chips.
Tickets can be bought at the pub or on 01986 798395.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema