11 new Suffolk pubs added to prestigious beer guide for 2022
- Credit: Su Anderson
A host of Suffolk pubs have been added to a prestigious guide of the country's best places to have a pint in 2022.
CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2022 is an independently adjudicated guide which ranks pubs on how they cater for real ale drinkers along with the quality of their beer and the atmosphere.
The guide was first published in 1972 and features 4,500 pubs, with 11 of next year's new additions located in Suffolk.
The Suffolk pubs added to the guide for this year.
- The Ship, Blaxhall
- Eel's Foot, Eastbridge
- The Duke of York, Ipswich
- The Greyhound, Ipswich
- White Horse, Sibton
- Moon & Mushroom, Swilland
- White Lion, Ufford
- Maybush, Waldringfield
- Sole Bay Inn, Southwold
- Anchor, Walberswick
- Grumpy Goat, Bardwell
Nik Antona, CAMRA's national chairman, said: "After the struggles of the past 18 months for the industry, it is great that The Good Beer Guide figures are showing the resilience of pubs and brewers in the face of strife – a national increase in brewery numbers after they dipped last year for the first time, as well as more than 500 new pub entries."
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 8 Major west Suffolk road closed 'for some time' after lorry and car crash
- 9 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 10 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm