Framlingham jazz singer Polly Gibbons up for Jazz FM ‘vocalist of the year’ award
- Credit: Archant
A jazz singer from Suffolk has been nominated for “vocalist of the year” in an award ceremony held in celebration of the genre.
Polly Gibbons, who is originally from Framlingham, is among the contenders in the 2017 Jazz FM Awards taking place on April 25 – the 100th anniversary of Ella Fitzgerald’s birth.
This year’s gala will see 13 awards presented to a range of artists credited for “carving the way forward in the worlds of jazz, blues and soul”.
Some of the stars up for awards are The Rolling Stones and Gregory Porter who are vying for public votes to be named “album of the year”.
Polly, who rose to fame in the mid-2000s, was first nominated for a BBC Jazz Award in 2006, before she had even released an album.
You may also want to watch:
Her first release came in 2014 and was co-written with the musical director of the infamous Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club.
She is up against Carleen Anderson and Norma Winstone in the vocalist of the year category.
Visit here for more details.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down