French and Saunders reuniting for radio shows
COMEDIANS French and Saunders are set to revive their partnership, two years after they split, it was announced today.
The pair will make their debut as radio presenters for three BBC Radio 2 shows over the festive season - and could land their own series.
Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders had worked together for 30 years until bowing out with a series of live shows in 2008.
The comics will host two-hour shows on Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and January 3 with chat, comedy and music.
Their last TV series, A Bucket O’ French And Saunders, was broadcast in 2007 and they wound up the partnership with their Still Alive Tour.
You may also want to watch:
However they did make a one-off appearance together last year with a Mamma Mia! spoof for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day in 2009.
French - who announced her split from husband Lenny Henry earlier this year - was recently seen in Roger And Val Just Got In and publishes her first novel, A Tiny Bit Marvellous, later this year.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
She said: “I can’t wait for the opportunity to go to work with my negligee and kitten heels on and no make-up.”
Radio 2 controller Bob Shennan said: “French and Saunders are one of the greatest comedy double acts of our time and I’m thrilled to be welcoming Dawn and Jennifer to the network.
“We are already discussing further projects with them and hope to keep the French and Saunders inimitable brand of humour on Radio 2 during 2011.”