Gallery: Record crowds send Halesworth Gig in the Park out on a high note
MUSIC lovers turned out in record numbers to send a popular Suffolk festival out on a high.
Thousands enjoyed the last Gig in the Park extravaganza in Halesworth over the weekend.
Organisers are pulling the plug on the festival because they do not want the rising costs of putting on the event to compromise quality.
But they pulled off a major coup for their last gig - attracting Fun Lovin’ Criminals to headline on Saturday.
Organiser John Marshall-Potter said more than 10,000 people enjoyed the three-day festival.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It will be a record attendance, partly because it’s the last one but it’s also been a great weekend of weather.
“We had a capacity crowd to watch Fun Lovin’ Criminals who were superb and they went away thinking they had a great gig.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 8 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 9 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 10 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
“The atmosphere has been brilliant, everyone is smiling and I’m just grateful it’s going out on a high.
“It’s the last year - any event is getting harder to do, people have got less money in their pockets.”
Mr Marshall-Potter added although Gig in the Park is finishing someone else might resurrect a new music festival next year.