Gallery: Revellers turn out in force to enjoy Festeaval in Woodbridge
REVELLERS refused to let patchy drizzle dampen a laid-back weekend of music and entertainment from top local and national performers.
Despite the odd unwelcome shower and chilly temperatures, organisers of Woodbridge’s Festeaval persevered where other events surrendered.
The four-day event – which continues today – is being held on the banks of the River Deben in the grounds of the town’s Tea Hut.
It features four days of musicianship from bands, ensembles and singer-songwriters including Brit-award winner Beth Orton, folk duo Turin Brakes, guitar maestro Ryan Keen, and an electric set from up-and-coming Bastille.
Woodbridge’s reputation as a steadily emerging music destination was reinforced by the mini festival’s second successful appearance on the arts calendar. The poor weather caused preparation problems as organisers rushed in bales of straw to put down in order to soak up surface water, but the heavy downpours stayed away.
The man behind Festeaval, Peter Hepworth, who also runs the Blue Bus Tour company, said: “We were all determined not to let the weather spoil a great display of rising musical talent and well-known acts.
“Everyone pitched in and we were rewarded by the great performances on show.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 5 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 6 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 7 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 8 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 9 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
“Woodbridge is quickly becoming a desirable venue for artists to showcase their music – and we’re also attracting big-name performers who we hope to add to the bills of many future events to come.”
Festeaval continues today, with Turin Brakes headlining. Go to www.festeaval.co.uk for more details.