Gallery: Suffolk One students break new ground as they stage hit West End show Hairspray
- Credit: Archant
Students in Ipswich are planning to put on a hair-raising performance when they take to the stage.
A cast of 56 students at One are gearing up for a production of Hairspray, the award-winning hit musical.
Sally Robinson, assistant faculty head of arts and sports at One, said the sixth form centre is the first of its kind to have been granted a licence in order to publically perform the show.
It will be the education centre’s third big production following performances of Guys and Dolls last year and We Will Rock You in 2012.
“This is our largest cast in terms of numbers and we always try and out-do what we have done before,” Mrs Robinson said.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Milsom, vice principal at One, said: “Our drama department is growing every year and the standard of work produced just seems to get better and better.”
The show runs from February 25-28, starting at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £7. Call 01473 556600 or email email@example.com for more.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina