Game of the week: Donkey Kong Country Returns
THE return of the classic Donkey Kong series is the pick of the games out to buy in the run up to the final Christmas shopping week.
Title: Donkey Kong Country Returns
THE Donkey Kong franchise has been around for decades and Donkey Kong Country was a huge success on N64, but monkey fans have had to wait around 14 years for this return to form.
This is the pinnacle of 2D platforming with stunning graphics, and sixty-odd levels that never feel repetitive and constantly challenge players to rethink what can be experienced in an ‘old school’ gaming genre.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 3 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 4 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 9 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 10 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
From polishing off pirates to riding runaway mine trains, there’s always something new to deal with and the game has that perfect balance of familiar 1990s game mechanics and styling mixed with innovation from the 21st century.
A modern platforming classic that’s well worth going ape about.