Game of the week: Killzone 3
THERE are times in every gamer’s week when they just want to grab the controller and do some shooting - if that sounds like you, Killzone 3 is just what you’re after.
Game: Killzone 3
You may also want to watch:
Killzone 2 was about as good as it got when it comes to first-person shooters.
New release Killzone 3 just got better with this effort, which boasts a brutal single-player story.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
With a refined control system and the added bonus of excellent PlayStation Move compatibility, the game’s difficulty and variety are spot-on.
Among the fun are some superb jet-pack and vehicle sequences as well as the more-traditional on-rails elements.
The stunning graphics are beautifully atmospheric and, backed by a soundtrack that provides a similar level of dramatic input, Killzone 3 pulls together a gaming package that sets a new benchmark for the popular genre.