Get your skates on in Suffolk and Essex this Christmas - your guide to festive ice rinks
- Credit: Getty Images
What better way to get ready for the festive season than taking your family ice skating? And this year you can choose bewteen Felixstowe, Bury St Edmunds or Colchester.
Wrap up for the cold weather, enjoy a session on the ice, then warm up with a hot chocolate afterwards.
There will be several temporary ice rinks set up in Suffolk and Essex towns this winter. And here we bring you details:
Head to Great Eastern Square from Saturday, December 19 to Wednesday, December 23 for free ice skating.
The rink, sponsored by the East of England Co-op and several district councillors, will be open from 12noon to 8pm or between 10am and 6pm on the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
On the Saturday, the mayor will officially open the rink at 12noon, with music from the Felixstowe Salvation Army Band.
As well as the skating, there will also be rides for smaller children and a stall selling hot food and drink.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
Bury St Edmunds
Ice skating will be available in Charter Square this winter.
The rink will be open every day from Saturday, December 5 to Sunday, January 3, except Christmas Day.
Tickets for 45-minute sessions are now available to book online, costing £8.50 for adults, £5.50 for children aged 12 and under or £22.50 for a family ticket, including skate hire.
Book your place online or at the Apex.
The rink can also be hired out to groups for exclusive use. For prices and availability, email or call 01284 766258.
Pay a visit to Castle Park and you will discover a winter wonderland and ice rink.
The winter wonderland will be open every day from Friday, November 27 to Sunday, January 3, between 10am and 10pm, or 9pm on Sundays, except Christmas Day.
As well as the skating, you can enjoy a fairground, listen to local choirs singing carols and look for crafts and produce from local suppliers at the winter market.
Children can also meet Santa every Saturday and Sunday and for the week leading up to Christmas.
Ice skating costs £11.50 for adults, £10.50 for pensioners or students, £8.50 for anyone who has a disability or for children aged five to 16, £4 for toddlers or £32 for a family ticket.