Dickens’ classic ‘Great Expectations’ to be staged at the Theatre Royal, in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Dickens’ classic “Great Expectations” is to be staged at the Theatre Royal, in Bury St Edmunds, next month.
It is being produced by the same team who bought “Travels With My Aunt” and “Our Man in Havana”
to the playhouse and is taking place between Tuesday and Saturday, March 6 and 10.
The story centres on a terrifying encounter with an escaped convict by Pip, a young orphan. He is given an unexpected chance to better himself by visiting the reclusive and mysterious Miss Havisham.
In the decaying grandeur of her house, Pip falls in love with her adopted daughter Estella and helped by an anonymous benefactor, he moves to the bustling city to pursue his dreams of winning her heart and of becoming part of the educated elite.
You may also want to watch:
Olivier Award-winning actress Nichola McAuliffe leads the cast as the iconic Miss Havisham and the rest of the cast feature Daniel Goode, Séan Aydon, Isla Carter, Eliza Collings, James Dinsmore, James Camp and Edward Ferrow.
The show is being produced by Tilted Wig productions and for tickets contact the box office on 01284 769505, book online at www.theatreroyal.org or visit the theatre in person.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival