Hit for six by Bat for Lashes
HEADLINING the Uncut Stage on Friday night, Bat For Lashes dazzled the arena with her distinctive electronic-folk pop, drawing huge crowds.
HEADLINING the Uncut Stage, last night, Bat For Lashes dazzled the arena with her distinctive electronic-folk pop, drawing huge crowds.
The undercover tent was the ideal setting for the female vocalist, saturating the atmosphere with songs from her two albums, Fur and Gold, released in 2006 and her latest masterpiece Two Suns.
Dripping in a gold lame cape, Natasha Khan aka Bat For Lashes, a Brighton-based songwriter, swooped on stage wowing in a typically flamboyant outfit.
You may also want to watch:
Playing a mix of songs from both albums, highlights of the hour-long set included latest single Pearls Dream, and closing hit Daniel.
She left the audience in awe, applauding furiously after each number. I overheard several members of the audience admit to her being the surprise of their night, and I can understand why.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
Following her much acclaimed set on the Other Stage at Glastonbury last month she certainly lived up to the hype.
Mercury-nominated Khan is frequently compared to the likes of Bjork, PJ Harvey and Kate Bush and is highly regarded by many.
One of the most anticipated acts of the weekend Thom Yorke who is set to perform on the Obelisk stage tomorrow afternoon, is known to have complimented her work in the past and she toured with Radiohead last year.
The current Bat For Lashes live line-up announced in March encorporates a plethora of musicians including Ash guitarist Charlotte Hatherley.
With more festival dates this summer, including Bestival in September, and a UK tour this October this is definately the year to get out and catch a Bat For Lashes gig.