Hunt begins for Ipswich Music Day acts
Got what it takes to perform at one of the county’s largest, free, one-day music events?
Festival organisers are seeking bands and musicians to perform at Ipswich Music Day, which takes place in Christchurch Park on Sunday, July 1.
It features six stages of live music and last year saw nearly 45,000 people turn out to enjoy the event, part of Ip-Art.
“This is the 21st year of Ipswich Music Day and with the help of all our partners we plan to make it the most successful to date. We have plans to include an acoustic stage this year and hope to introduce a chill-out area for even more depth of music on offer,” says event manager James Young.
“Of course, the event would be nothing without the music and we are seeking the brightest talent across Suffolk and East Anglia to perform live on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great opportunity for bands, solo artists and musicians to perform in front of thousands people on a festival stage and applications are now open.”
Those interested should visit www.ip-art.com where you can – for the first time – apply online. Deadline for applications is March 2. Successful acts will be listed on the website from April 6.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery