Ipswich Has Got Talent set to be champion of champions event in 2016
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s highly competitive Ipswich Has Got Talent competition will be returning this year – with a special champion of champions showdown.
Ipswich Borough Council yesterday announced that the annual competition, inspired by hit ITV show Britain’s Got Talent, would this year feature previous years’ winners going head to head for the title of champion of champions.
Details are set to be announced over the coming weeks, but the council yesterday confirmed that no applications for heats would take place this year, but a process would be put in place ahead of the grand final in September.
Mike Grimwood, project manager for Ipswich Has Got Talent, said: “We are all looking forward to an Ipswich Has Got Talent with a difference this summer. We are inviting previous winners and some of the other top acts to come back on stage at the Regent Theatre on 24 September to battle it out in a champion of champions event.
“We’ve had some excellent performances since it started in 2009, so it will be a great night out with a wide range of talent on show.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s competition was won by soul singer Tia B, who wowed the audience and judges alike on the Regent stage.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 7 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk