Ipswich Hospital Band is recruiting at the Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Are you interested in playing a brass or wind instrument?
Want to find out more information about how to play flute or a french horn or what it’s like to play in a group of musicians?
Now’s your chance as the Ipswich Hospital Band is looking to recruit new beginners to it’s training band, whether you’ve never played an instrument before or if you’ve just started to learn.
The band have a number of instruments which can be loaned to new players if you don’t have one of your own.
The band is based at St Peter’s By The Waterfront performance and arts centre, St Peter’s Street.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Ipswich Hospital Band will mentor players from the beginning of their journey through to playing in an ensemble of players as part of the training band.
The Hospital Band taster session is on Saturday February 1 from 10 am to 2 pm.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
The new training group formed will meet first on Monday February 24, 2014.
If you are interested in attending the taster or would like to find out more information please visit the band’s website http://www.ipswichhospitalband.org.uk/taster