Ipswich: Inaugural fashion week to hit catwalk with must-have trends
- Credit: Archant
The excitement is building as preparations for the town’s first ever fashion event gather pace. Ipswich Fashion Week, which runs from October 8-12, is all about celebrating this season’s must-have trends and helping to put the town on the fashion map
The runway models have been cast and choreographed for the fashion extravaganza that will feature clothing, beauty and hairstyling.
Organiser Pam Davis, who owns style company Fashion Candy, based on Ipswich Waterfront, has taken on the challenge of running the inaugural event in partnership with Ipswich Central.
She said: “It is a new and exciting event showcasing what Ipswich town has to offer.
“The week will be packed with styling days, hair and beauty days, including two dazzling contemporary fashion shows with a twist, and other exciting events.
You may also want to watch:
“All the people of Ipswich should get involved and support Ipswich Fashion Week on this new and exciting event.”
High Street retailers taking part in Ipswich Fashion Week include Debenhams and M&S as well as some of the town’s independent stores such as Coes of Ipswich, Bijou Boutique, Just a Day, Urban Vintage and Aura.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
Miss Davis added: “We want to put Ipswich on the fashion map.
“The event will be full various events for everyone, fashion shows, hair and beauty days, style days, something for everyone.”
Ipswich Fashion Week will be held in the Corn Exchange and Town Hall.
The event’s launch night will be held on Monday, October 7, before a week filled with beauty and hair days, fashion shows, a Fashion Candy style day and culminating in a Suffolk New College day.
Tickets costing from £5 are available from selected retailers and other outlets.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.