Ipswich/Southend: John Barrowman bringing first UK tour in four years to region
- Credit: Archant
John Barrowman is so excited to be touring again next year, he says he’s choreographing songs and arranging stories in his sleep.
The singer and actor is coming to Southend’s Cliffs Pavilion on May 16 and the Ipswich Regent on May 26.
Both visits are part of a 16-date tour, his first full UK tour in four years, promoting new album You Raise Me Up, out on June 30.
Funded through PledgeMusic’s Direct to Fan platform, it features new arrangements of many of Barrowman’s favourite songs including Mandy and Bridge Over Troubled Water to the title track You Raise Me Up.
“This album has been a thrilling personal journey for me,” said the Doctor Who and Torchwood star.
You may also want to watch:
“Each lyric, each melody means something special. I can’t wait to perform them live for all my fans who helped fund You Raise Me Up. I’ve got lots to celebrate with my fans - let’s raise these theatre roofs together”
Tickets go on sale from 10am Friday.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast