Ipswich: Suffolk Winter Fair comes to Trinity Park
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s Trinity Park will be transformed into a winter wonderland this weekend as the Suffolk Winter Fair comes to town.
Seasonal shopping aside, it promises to be a few festive fun days out.
Visitors can take a steam train or carriage ride to meet Father Christmas, say hello the reindeers and then watch Cosmo the Clown and friends’ show. Seven-ball juggler Lucas Hardy will amaze; learn how he does and more in one of the circus workshops.
You can also meet rural craftspeople, learn more about how they make their products and pick up a unique gift.
Other attractions include Tim and Tina’s falconry display, festive sheep racing, Gemma’s petting farm, make a personalised clay pot to give away as a Christmas present or pop around the corner and watch an old fashioned puppet animal circus.
You may also want to watch:
Jester Devilstick Pete will be giving a fire-eating display, the Harveys Shirehorses will be on show along with the show’s donkey’s.
Visitors can take a break from shopping to decorate gingerbread men, watch some of the cookery demonstrations throughout the day, learn to make a wreath for your front door or take part in some workshops.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
There will be various food stands and producers both days, lifestyle shopping, choirs, bands and musicians adding to the seasonal spirit too.
The Suffolk Winter Fair, Trinity Park, Ipswich, runs from 10am-5pm tomorrow and Sunday. For more details don’t miss the special eight-page show guide in tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times.