Ipswich: The gang’s all here, ready to entertain you
- Credit: Archant
IN 1938, more than 90 boys came together to stage an original song show called March (H)ares. The songs, sketches and staging may have come on in leaps and bounds over the last 75 years but the reasons behind it are as strong today as they ever were.
This week marks the start of the 75th Ipswich Gang Show at the Great School Theatre, Ivry Street, Ipswich.
Loved by all ages, the young - and some not so young - Cubs, Scouts, Explorers, Guides, Rangers, Leaders and other supporters are coming together to sing, dance and tickle your funny bones.
This year organisers have really pulled out the stops, with the fittingly 75-strong cast taking audiences down memory lane with songs from the Ol’ Music Halls, a trip to London Town, a promise of a memorable experience with a legendary ballet classic and much more, topped off by the beauty of a Christmas Wonderland.
The show takes place from April 3-6, starting 7.15pm, with a 2.15pm matinee on April 6.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available now by calling the Ipswich Gang Show on 01473 657082, visiting Craftability, St Lawrence Street, Ipswich, or by visiting www.ipswichgangshow.org.uk
They cost £8.50 for adults and £6 for children and concessions. All tickets for the matinee performance are £6.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Read the very first review of the show online tonight.