Ipswich: The gang’s all here, ready to entertain you
- Credit: Archant
IN 1938, more than 90 boys came together to stage an original song show called March (H)ares. The songs, sketches and staging may have come on in leaps and bounds over the last 75 years but the reasons behind it are as strong today as they ever were.
This week marks the start of the 75th Ipswich Gang Show at the Great School Theatre, Ivry Street, Ipswich.
Loved by all ages, the young - and some not so young - Cubs, Scouts, Explorers, Guides, Rangers, Leaders and other supporters are coming together to sing, dance and tickle your funny bones.
This year organisers have really pulled out the stops, with the fittingly 75-strong cast taking audiences down memory lane with songs from the Ol’ Music Halls, a trip to London Town, a promise of a memorable experience with a legendary ballet classic and much more, topped off by the beauty of a Christmas Wonderland.
The show takes place from April 3-6, starting 7.15pm, with a 2.15pm matinee on April 6.
Tickets are available now by calling the Ipswich Gang Show on 01473 657082, visiting Craftability, St Lawrence Street, Ipswich, or by visiting www.ipswichgangshow.org.uk
They cost £8.50 for adults and £6 for children and concessions. All tickets for the matinee performance are £6.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 7 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 8 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
- 9 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 10 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
Read the very first review of the show online tonight.