Ipswich: Week-long celebratory festival coming to town centre
- Credit: Archant
Organisers are gearing up for another summer extravaganza as plans are drawn up to bring Ipswich to life with a week-long festival.
Celebrate Ipswich Festival takes place in the town centre from Monday, August 19 to Monday, August 26.
Highlights of the family fun and entertainment will include a variety of pop-up children’s entertainment, Titan the Robot rampaging through the town and a range of in-store activities at shops and restaurants.
For the first time ever the Maritime Festival will take place over the bank holiday weekend with Waterfront activities from Friday, August 23 to Monday, August 26.
It will be a celebration of all things maritime.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Clement, chief executive of Ipswich Central, said: “Celebrate Ipswich Festival is a great showcase for the town.
“With events taking place throughout the town centre and the Waterfront, this week-long celebration will highlight East Anglia’s premier Waterfront Town Centre at its magnificent best.”
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
Councillor Bryony Rudkin, culture portfolio-holder, said: ‘This is proving to be another excellent summer for Ipswich and Suffolk.”