Ipswich: West End smash Cats tops exciting line-up for town theatres
- Credit: Archant
West End and Broadway smash Cats is coming to the Ipswich Regent Theatre.
Andrew Lloyd Webber’s record-breaking adaptation of TS Eliot’s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats sees music, dance and verse combine, as the Jellicle Cats meet for their annual ball.
Featuring classic songs like Memory, it is one of several highlights of the Regent and Corn Exchange’s new brochure, out next Tuesday.
“It’s one of the very best musicals of all time and a coup for Ipswich. It underlines the regional importance of the Regent and adds to the fantastic programme we are able to offer this year,” said councillor Bryony Rudkin, portfolio-holder for culture and leisure at Ipswich Borough Council.Other highlights include rock and roll musical Save The Last Dance For Me, a tale of young love in 1963 from the team behind Dreamboats and Petticoats; top comedians like Jack Dee, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Radio Show Live and music from the likes of Michael Ball.
“Our new brochure illustrates just how varied a programme we have at two of the premier entertainment venues in the area. Something for everyone is a bit of a cliché, but in this case it is true – where else can you meet Harry Hill, Bryan Ferry and Jools Holland?” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for Save the Last Dance For Me, running from September 16-21, go on sale tomorrow. Tickets for Cats, running from December 9-14, are on sale from Tuesday.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 9 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site