Iron Throne prop from Sky Atlantic’s Game of Thrones arrives at Ipswich Volvo dealership
- Credit: Su Anderson
The Iron Throne set piece from hit Sky Atlantic TV series Game of Thrones arrived in Ipswich this afternoon, ready for budding Kings and Queens to have their pictures taken on the iconic prop.
The Donalds Volvo dealership in West End Road, Ipswich is hosting the set piece as part of the car manufacturer’s sponsorship with Sky Atlantic, with the Ipswich dealership landing the prop for an exclusive one-off weekend.
On Saturday and Sunday, members of the public are being invited to come down in their best fancy dress and have their picture taken for free, as well as taking part in competitions and a quest in the showroom.
Benjamin Grant, group marketing manager, said: “I was going back through Volvo’s Facebook feed and they did a pop-up shop at a Volvo event in Manchester with the throne.
“I just wrote to them asking if it was available for dealerships, and it was available for that weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s quite exclusive for a dealership to have it so it’s very exciting.”
The showroom will be open from 9am-6pm on Saturday and 11am-4pm on Sunday.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market