James at Newmarket Nights: ‘A faultless performance’
- Credit: Archant
Not knowing an awful lot about James I wasn’t sure what to expect when I headed down to Newmarket Racecourse tonight.
My only knowledge of their music was through car journeys with my parents when I was younger. Of course, everyone knows the classic Sit Down, and I was always (rather cringingly now I’m older and can understand the lyrics) a big fan of Laid.
But I was pleasantly surprised. Granted, I couldn’t sing along to many songs, but I could appreciate how talented lead singer Tim Booth and his band were.
Tracks included Getting Away With It, Born Of Frustration, How Was It For You and She’s A Star.
We also got a sneak peak at a new track, which was so new he held the lyrics in front of him as he sang. It came with a disclaimer - ‘we might get it wrong’...but it was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, Sit Down was the favourite track of the night. It got every member of the crowd cheering and singing along and was followed by a thoroughly deserved rapturous applause.
Eccentric dance moves aside, Tim has a great voice that sounds just as good as it does in the studio, if not better - and his crowd loved it.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
His band were incredible, faultlessly accompanying the vocals.
Each time a member of the band had a solo, Tim would stand back and watch them, letting them take the limelight.
And to top it all off they closed the night with Laid. Brilliant.
Whether you’re a big James fan, or just a fan of great live music, get to one of their gigs if you can. A faultless performance!