Joy is second Apprentice candidate fired by Lord Sugar
THE latest axed Apprentice candidate Joy Stefanicki has claimed that she was fired because she “didn’t make good television.”
The 31-year-old, from Birmingham, was fired after her team - the girls led by Laura Moore - failed to make a single sale of their product, a book stand for the beach, in the latest task.
She said: “It’s come across that I didn’t particularly participate. The truth is that I didn’t participate in the madness.
“I did participate but it probably didn’t make such good television. I wasn’t prepared to do it in a way that discredited myself.’’
Stefanicki, who was made redundant from a high-flying job in New York before the show, also admitted that she was frightened of the diminutive Lord Sugar despite her business background.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I was surprised. I didn’t expect to be as intimidated by him as I was. I think part of that is that he has the celebrity angle now and because he is Lord Sugar.
“When he pointed his finger at me I swear it was like it went through my whole body.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training