Musical journey through time with Just Jay Dance’s Pop Goes Decades at Woodbridge’s Seckford Theatre
- Credit: Ian Robinson
Just Jay Dance, the team behind Poptastic and Pop Goes Christmas, want you dancing in the aisles of Woodbridge’s Seckford Theatre with their latest show next month - Pop Goes Decades.
It features music from the likes of the Beatles and the Bee Gees to Whitney Houston and Wham to Lionel Richie and Little Mix.
“We wanted to put a show together where the parents feel just as included as the children, reminiscing on music from their childhood and teenage years and the children can enjoy the music of today later on in the show,” says choreographer Jay Austin, who’ll be joined by Laura Pegg, Vicky Bevan, Daniella Lord, Abi Leonard, Annette Le Couteur, Kirsty Wells and Natalie Lees.
They’ve packed more than 120 songs into the two-hour show with lots of medleys, mash ups and a few other little surprises. There’s also more choreography and changes than any other show they’ve done before.
“After setting up Just Jay Dance nearly nine years now, I’m so proud to still be doing what I love. It’s been incredible hard at times but it’s always worth it at the end of the day,” adds Jay, who teaches dance across Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“Going to the theatre is so important, I did it as a kid and know it helped shape me to become the singer and dancer I am today. We keep the ticket prices as low as possible as well so children get to enjoy the arts and hopefully be inspired to follow in our footsteps.”
• See Pop Goes Decades at 2.30pm and 7.30pm on September 15. Visit www.ticketsource.co.uk/justjaydance or www.justjaydance.co.uk/popgoesdecades for more details.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week