Kara Tointon and Strictly Come Dancing stars heading to Ipswich Regent
The stars of Strictly Come Dancing are coming to get the town on its feet this summer.
Former Strictly champion Kara Tointon, the show’s professional dancers Artem Chigvintsev, Kristina Rhiannoff, and Ipswich’s very own Robin Windsor are joining the Strictly band on a new 23-date tour.
Dance To The Music’s first stop will be the Ipswich Regent on June 5.
It is the first time the whole 15-piece Strictly Come Dancing band, led by musical director Dave Arch, have performed together live away from the Strictly studio.
The show will also reunite Kara and Artem on the dance floor as they perform some of their favourite dances from the hit BBC1 show as well as brand new routines in the Regent’s intimate setting – getting audiences closer to the action than ever before.
Dances will range from an American smooth to a Viennese waltz – with some surprises along the way.
Tickets are on sale now from the Ipswich Regent box office on 01473 433100 or www.ipswichregent.com or 10am from www.gigsandtours.com or www.ticketmaster.co.uk
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
Next Thursday sees fellow Strictly professionals Katya Virshilas and Pasha Kovalev visit Felixstowe’s Spa Pavilion for an evening of exhibition dance routines.
Read my interview with Pasha online on Tuesday.