Latitude: The Verve’s Richard Ashcroft joins Gaz Coombes from Supergrass on festival bill
- Credit: PA
Solo turns from two of Britpop’s best known frontmen have been included on this year’s Latitude line-up.
With just over a week to go before the festival kicks off at Henham Park, near Southwold, organisers have announced The Verve’s Richard Ashcroft, and Gaz Coombes from Supergrass for the BBC Radio 6 Music Stage.
The station will also be hosting welcome party in the woods on Thursday night with presenters Mary-Anne Hobbs and Craig Charles.
Other musical additions include The Leisure Society, opening the Obelisk Arena on Friday.
Alt-pop singer-songwriter Hero Fisher joins the bill on Saturday. Joining her will be Kins, an Australian four-piece now residing in Brighton. East Anglian four-piece Maglia Rose Group, fronted by singer Daisy, will be also appearing, along with Marques Toliver and LA based folk-pop outfit Milo Greene.
You may also want to watch:
A new stage, The Alcove, will be tucked away near the banks of the lake, on the edge of the woods, hosting a selection of acts including upcoming singer songwriter Abi Uttley, Manchester-based Bipolar Sunshine, and 17-year-old soloist Chlöe Howl.
Other additions include a Q&A with actor and director Paddy Considine, and Rhys Ifans presenting a documentary on fellow countryman Dylan Thomas.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Comedian, actor and author Katy Brand will also be in conversation with actor and film-maker Jonny Owen. The two will be introducing new film Svengali, scripted by Owen and starring Brand, telling the story of a music-mad postman turned band manager.
Tickets are now on sale, subject to booking fees. For full details head to www.latitudefestival.co.uk