Level 42 marks 50 years on the road with celebration at Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Supplied
Chart toppers Level 42 are celebrating five decades of crowd-pleasing performances with a massive UK tour which comes to the Ipswich Regent on October 31.
Formed in 1979, Level 42, fronted by their charismatic bassist Mark King, will be bringing their 2021 ‘From Eternity To Here’ Tour to Suffolk determined to put a bounce in everyone’s step after 18 months of enforced isolation.
Level 42 is a band with nothing left to prove – now they just want to provide their fans with a fun night out and after 50 years on the road, they have no interest in slowing down. “No way!” says Mark King; “Touring with the band this year has been about as much fun as I can remember having had on the road and, if you had asked me back in 1980 if I thought we would be selling out theatres around the world when I was 60 years old, I probably would have laughed.
“Re-invention can be a wonderful thing!” Mark King is a musician who has truly created a sound and style all of his own and is in constant demand, both from the fans and from his peers – recently he was a special guest on Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins’ record.
To date the band and Mark have released 14 studio albums, seven live albums and the Sirens’ EP as well as 18 top 40 singles, including the era-defining ‘Lessons in Love’, ‘Something About You’, ‘Leaving Me Now’, ‘Running in the Family’, and ‘Hot Water’.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting Level 42 are fellow ‘80s fan favourites Johnny Hates Jazz who had hits with ‘Shattered Dreams’, ‘I Don't Want to Be a Hero’, ‘Turn Back the Clock’ and ‘Heart of Gold’.
Tickets are available from the Ipswich Regent’s online box office.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training