Local boy Matt makes final X Factor final 12
BOOKIES favourite Matt Cardle is one step closer to his X Factor dream.
The painter and decorator from Little Maplestead, near Halstead, was last night officially announced as one of the show’s 12 finalists.
Next week he will sing live for the viewing public for the first time.
On Saturday night the 27-year-old was seen singing Beyonce’s If I Were a Boy.
Afterwards mentor Dannii Minogue wondered if she had given him the hardest song to sing. “That was really, really tough,” she admitted.
You may also want to watch:
But Essex singer’s talent shone through and the Australian judge picked him for her final three.
Matt told the EADT he has spent years chasing the dream of becoming a recording artist and has travelled the world playing to packed venues.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
He said: “The closer you get to it, the more you want it.”
Matt has so far followed in the footsteps of last years runner-up Olly Murs, of Witham.