More than 300 fans sit through nine-hour Hobbit trilogy on Cineworld Ipswich’s IMAX 3D screen as Battle of Five Armies is released
- Credit: Archant
Dedicated Hobbit fans last night sat through a nine-hour cinema marathon as they got to see the entire trilogy from start to finish.
Max Geater, who lives in the Norwich Road area of Ipswich, was among those eager to take his seat at 6pm last night and see the full trilogy he had been waiting three years to watch.
He said: “When the first Hobbit film, An Unexpected Journey, came on I felt like it was a daunting task; however I was also gripped with excitement that I would be able to see the entire story from start to finish before anyone else.”
Many of the fans dressed up for the occasion, said Max, who had only seen each of the first two films once before the special screening.
“I was reliving all of the excitement I felt back in 2012 when An Unexpected Journey came out.”
You may also want to watch:
Max added: “The Desolation of Smaug was a spectacle to behold, to see Smaug in IMAX 3D and having your seat tremble really made him feel powerful. The environments were all breath taking and went hand in hand with the genius musical score.
“The Battle of the Five Armies came on at midnight, having to follow in the footsteps of Return of the King, I was gripped and fully enjoying it into the early hours of Friday. It was a spectacular way to sign off the trilogy.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 10 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
“This was an experience I won’t soon be forgetting. I may have to do this with the Lord of the Rings films myself.”
Were you at the screening? Could you manage a nine-hour cinema-athon?