Rock musical on Ipswich Town's 1981 UEFA Cup win set to take to stage
- Credit: Mike Kwasniak
A rock musical which celebrates Ipswich Town's legendary 1981 UEFA Cup win is set to take to the stage this week.
Never Lost At Home will be performed at Ipswich's New Wolsey Theatre for the first time on Thursday.
Directed by Peter Rowe and starring Peter Peverley as Blues manager Sir Bobby Robson, the show follows the story of Town's fairytale victory with a 1980s soundtrack of classic rock and disco hits.
It follows Rowe's previous Ipswich Town musical Our Blue Heaven, which delighted theatregoers at the New Wolsey in 2018.
Never Lost At Home runs until Saturday, October 9.
Tickets for the show, which will also be livestreamed, are available on The New Wolsey website, wolseytheatre.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
The New Wolsey will also offer relaxed performances, British Sign Language performances, captioning and audio description for people who need it.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash