New creative showcase for county’s artists
- Credit: Archant
Never shared your artwork, sold it regularly or exhibited recently? From the Studio Floor wants to hear from you.
It is staging a show, at Galley 3, Cornhill, Ipswich, from November 12-15. Artists are invited to contribute a single piece of artwork, either commissioned especially for the exhibition or from an existing series.
The theme is Suffolk and organisers welcome contributions from anyone with a connection to the region, be it living, working or drawing inspiration from it.
“We want to promote Suffolk art and encourage all to apply, whatever your creative talent. It’s a great way to meet other artists and discuss new ideas and concepts,” said Jessica Oliver, artist and curator at From the Studio Floor.
“With thanks to our sponsors, Ipswich-based MLM, we’ve secured a wonderful venue in the heart of Ipswich – we just need your help to fill it.”
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for submissions is midnight on October 12. It is free to enter and applications can be made at www.fromthestudiofloor.co.uk.
Organisers will pick 15-20 projects, which will also be available to buy. It will feature new unseen conceptual works, etchings, installations, sculptures, drawings and paintings.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
It is the second in a series of shows dedicated to bringing artists’ work together and spotlighting hidden talent.
From the Studio Floor initially launched at Anise Gallery, Bermondsey, showcasing a collection of various artwork from London artists.
Miss Oliver added: “It was so successful, with such momentum building around the show we wanted to grow the exhibition nationally. With such a rich history of arts in the area and for myself growing up around such beautiful landscapes, we wanted to bring the show to Suffolk, to showcase what the region has to offer and that artists can produce great art, wherever they are based.”